Prawns - Kolambi is one of the favorite sea food in Konkan. It is tasty and although you may have to spend some time cleaning it properly, it is very quick to cook. Nowadays you get cleaned prawns for bit of extra costs too. In Konkan people prefer brackish water black colour prawns over sea water once. Also while cooking shallow fried prawns (kolambi fry) are more popular than deep fried once. SO one such recipe is here:
- 20 -25 medium size cleaned prawns
- 2 garlic buds
- Quarter inch ginger
- 3 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- Tamarind soaked in water (Use lime juice as an alternative to tamarind)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 5-6 tablespoon of rice flour
- Cooking oil and salt
- Make ginger garlic paste
- Mix half quantity of rice flour with ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, garam masala, salt, turmeric and tamarind water / lime juice. Make a thick mixture.
- Coat every single prawn with this mixture.
- Sprinkle some dry rice flour in a dish. Put mixture coated prawns in the dish and again sprinkle some rice flour on them.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Shallow fry prawns in it for couple of minutes.
- Don’t over fry Kolambi as they might turn rubbery.
Recipe by: Maai ....(Please do Rate/Like/Share this recipe.)