Patoli is a traditional sweet dish generally made during Ganesh festival. The wonderful blend of steamed rice four and sweet coconut jaggery mixture, with fresh aroma of turmeric leaf is a superb treat to Malvani food lovers.
- One bowl (~100 gm) rice flour.
- One bowl of water
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- One bowl of finely grated fresh coconut
- Half a bowl of finely grated jaggery
- Half tablespoon of cardamom powder
- Fresh turmeric leaves- 8 to 10.
- Mix coconut, jaggery and cardamom powder in a saucepan and heat this mixture until properly cooked. Coconut becomes golden brown (do not over fry)
- Boil water and add ghee and salt in it. Stir in rice flour slowly and bring this mixture to boil.
- Do not overcook.
- Let it cool for a while. Once it is cold, roll and knead it in a dough ball.
- Take a small portion of this dough (approximately forming one inch diameter ball) and spread it evenly on the interior side of turmeric leaf. Lightly brush the leaf with water so that the dough is evenly spread without any cracks.
- On one side of this dough coating, add a spoonful of coconut-jaggery mixture. Fold the leaf firmly so that it gets sealed nicely.
- Once all the leaves are used, put them in a steamer. Steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Patoli is ready to be served.
Recipe by: Maai ....(Please do Rate/Like/Share this recipe.)