Click for Amboli recipe in Marathi
Amboli – Malvani rice bread
Amboli is a special type of rice bread made in Malvan. It can be considered as Malvani relative of
dosa or uttappa. However it is much fluffier and hence like sponge, it can soak spicy curries very well.
It is specially made for guests and served with chicken, mutton or black peas curry.
Recipe by: Maai
....(Please do Rate/Like/Share this recipe.)
- Rice grain - 2 bowls (200 gm)
- Urad daal (black gram) - 1 bowl (100 gm)
- Chana daal (split chick peas) - half a bowl
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Coriander seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Click to Buy Amboli Flour on Amazon.....
- Wash rice and all the pulses (daals) and soak them in water for six hours.
- Once thoroughly soaked, grind them to make fine batter. Drain excess of water. Also add all
- seeds in the mixture while grinding.
- Add salt in the batter (as per taste) and approximately 50ml of warm water.
- This mixture needs to be kept for fermentation at least for 10-12 hours (so preferably
- In the morning, heat up thick bottom frying pan. Pour a spoonful of oil and uniformly spread
- a scoop of batter. Make sure that the bread is relatively thicker compared to uttapas.
- Properly fry until the bread is dry and fluffy.
- Serve with spicy curries like chicken, mutton or black peas usal. You can also eat these with
- coconut chutney or sambar.
© 2020 Copyright © 2018 malvani.com