मालवणी सागोती वडे मराठीत वाचा
Malvani chicken – sagoti vade
Malvani Vade recipe is now world famous due to internet and advertisement. You might find it in some overseas Indian restaurants. However tastes differ depending on the recipe and the ingredients. Vada is completely vegetarian part of this cuisine - Malvani Sagoti Vade. It is slightly thicker than puri but has different ingredients. It can be eaten with any other curry or even tea. However it tastes best with chicken gravy off course. Here is the recipe for malvani Vade / Wade:
Ingredients (for Vade)
- 1 cup rice flour
- Quarter of a cut gram flour (besan)
- Half a cup urad dal
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi seeds)
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- Half teaspoon cumin powder
- Cooking oil and salt
- Click to Buy Malvani Vade Pith on Amazon.....
Instructions (for Vade)
- Thoroughly wash urad daal and soak it in water overnight.
- Strain out excess of water and coarsely grind soaked daal in a mixer.
- Grind coriander and fenugreek seeds to make fine powder
- Take a broad tray for mixing. Add rice flour, turmeric, coriander and fenugreek powder.
- Add salt, cumin powder. Mix the ingredients. Then add 3 tablespoon of hot oil.
- Once the oil is cooled, mix all the ingredients properly. Add ground urad daal and make dough. You can add some water to role it in a ball, but it should be firm (like chapatti dough) and not flowy. Keep it for 15-20 mins.
- Make small lime size balls from the dough.
- Apply some oil on your palms. Then flatten each ball by pressing it on a banana leaf or thick polythene bag (like a milk pouch). Give it a shape of a ‘puri’, and thickness of about 3-4mm.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan for frying. Deep fry vadas until they get almond colour on one side and bulge out. Cool them on a tissue paper to remove excess of oil from Vade.
© 2021 Copyright © 2018 malvani.com
Usually served with Malvani chicken (kombdi vade)