Click for Malvani mix vegetable recipe in Marathi
Malvani masala recipe
Malvani mix vegetable (Khadkhade)
When we find mixed vegetable on the menu card, we always imagine mixture of cauliflower,
capsicum, carrot…. But this Malvani recipe stands out completely from these stereotypes… it has got 8 different vegetables that are not quite regular items in our shopping list. ‘Khadkhade’ is very interesting name for a dish and it depicts a mixture of things cooked together… The real challenge here is to get right ingredients. So it is recommended to search ingredients first on the internet and see pictures, before you go the market and buy them. Most of them are different kinds of yam.
Recipe by: Maai ....(Please do Rate/Like/Share this recipe.)
- Raw papaya - 100 gm
- Red pumpkin - 100 gm
- Raw banana (plantain) - 50 gm
- Suran (elephant foot yam) - 50 gm
- Ratale (sweet potato) - 50 gm
- Karande (kadu karanda / air potato/ bitter yam) - 50 gm
- Kanagi - 50 gm
- Cooked Toor daal – small bowl
- Bowl of freshly grated coconut – 50 gm
- Malvani masala / garama masala – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder - half tea spoon
- Tamarind juice (soak tamarind in water and then squeeze it) - 2 tablespoons
- Jaggery - 1 tablespoon
- Cooking oil, pinch of Asaphoetida and mustard seeds, salt
- Dice all the vegetables into medium to large size cubes (don’t makes them very small)
- Cook all the vegetables in pressure cooker (3 whistles). You can also steam them in
- microwave / steamer Or boil them, but don’t overcook or don’t add too much water.
- Add cooked toor daal in the cooked vegetables.
- Grind coconut, turmeric, garam masala into coarse mixture with little water.
- Add this mixture in vegetables and keep it on the burner for further cooking.
- Add salt, jaggery and tamarind juice.
- Cook for 5 minutes so that all the vegetables are cooked and mixed well with the masala.
- Take the pan down . Heat up 2 tablespoon of oil in small pan (or use special ladle for taraka).
- Once the oil is hot, add 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, pour this oil
- on the cooked vegetables.
- Your Khadkhade (Malani Mix Vegetable) is ready to eat.
© 2020 Copyright © 2018 malvani.com