Read Solkadhi recipe in Marathi
Solakadhi – Kokam kadhi
I think Solakadhi or Kokam kadhi is the most famous digestive drink in Malvani cuisine. I have come across many non-Malvani friends asking me for its recipe. Interestingly it is something like side dish to finish your last morsels of rice with or sometime people just drink it after food like buttermilk.
For me and many other Konkani people, it is one of the heavenly pleasure to mix it with daal-rice or fish curry and rice and eat this mixture with fried fish.. MY MOUTH started watering already as I describe!! It is made in almost every household in konkan, almost every day. SO here is the Solakadhi recipe:
Recipe by: Maai
....(Please do Rate/Like/Share this recipe.)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 4-5 dried kokam peels (if these peels are quite dried and less sour, use more)
- 4 garlic buds
- 2 green chillies (make sure you use chillies depending on their hotness. You don’t want to make it too chilli.
- Half coconut, fresh and grated.
- Salt and coriander for garnishing
- Click to Buy Kokam on Amazon.....
- Now, the success of this recipe largely depends on how fresh and juicy coconut you have got. If you don’t find fresh coconut in the market, you can possibly add some tinned coconut milk.
- Soak kokam peels in 3-4 tablespoon of lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes.
- Finely grind coconut, chillies, garlic. Some people like to add a small piece of ginger too.
- Once ground, filter this mixture through a fine strainer (fine pore size, so that larger particles of coconut don’t get through)
- Use water for this filtering carefully. You don’t want to make it too much watery.
- Add soaked kokam peels with water. Add salt as per taste and pinch of sugar. Garnish with coriander.
- Solkadhi especially is served with rice and fish meals.
© 2021 Copyright © 2018 malvani.com